Search This Blog

Monday 21 November 2016

HIM

                                                             HIM  ( by babitha )













as i looked up at the dark blue sky bursting about with the clatter of fireworks, illuminating the whereabouts with dazzling lights, a small tear strolled down my cheeks.
The inside of my mind almost contradicted this and I sobbed slightly.
Him.

It was always him.

Always had been. Always will be.

Remembering all the good times we shared, a small smile made its way in between these tears. The way we laughed, the way we looked at each other, the raw emotion in his eyes, his breath-taking smile.

I'd give anything in the world to get it back. But that was an impossibility.

However, it seemed much harder to move on and I didn't want to go back to reality just yet.
I pulled out my cell phone and quickly punched in his number. It went to voicemail; the sound of his voice was enough dig up the old, non confronted emotions snaked its way back.

I closed my eyes and let the tears fall slowly, enjoying the peace and quiet.
I reach over and rest my head on the tombstone that held his name.
It's been 3 months and all the memories are still fresh in my mind.

Hit forcefully by a drunk driver and it was him that had to lose his life.
Bad things happen to good people

2 comments: